Thursday, May 30, 2013

Can Windows 8.1 Make My Wife Love Windows Again?

Windows-8.1-touchscreen

“I hate Windows 8.”


No, not me. I actually rather like Windows 8, especially on a touchscreen device. My wife, however, is another matter — and, for her, the just-announced Windows 8.1 can't arrive soon enough.


She shared her Windows 8 enmity when I asked how things were going with our new Asus ET2300 touchscreen all-in-one PC. I'd purchased the system a month earlier when our HP Pavilion running on Windows 8 had succumbed to heart (or perhaps hard drive) failure


When it happened, I knew I was going to buy a Windows 8 system. I also knew that there was a 50/50 chance my wife wouldn't like it. It's not that my wife isn't computer savvy; she is, and I've had a personal computer in our shared home since 1991. What she doesn't like is change. We have owned many different PCs in the past 20-odd years, and the only thing I can depend on is that my wife will not like whatever new operating system ships with the computer. This, however, is the first time she has expressed outright hatred. Read more...


More about Microsoft, Pcs, Window, Windows, and Operating Sytems



via Make Your Own Website Tools Tips Tricks http://feeds.mashable.com/~r/Mashable/~3/RBP6Ku8iKWU/ Best WordPress Hosting

No comments:

Post a Comment