Sunday, August 4, 2013

You Should Be Afraid of Artificial Intelligence

Robot

I, for one, do not welcome our new robot overlords.


Let me elaborate


Writing about Artificial Intelligence is a challenge. By and large, there are two directions to take when discussing the subject: focus on the truly remarkable achievements of the technology or dwell on the dangers of what could happen if machines reach a level of Sentient AI, in which self-aware machines reach human level intelligence)


This dichotomy irritates me. I don’t want to have to choose sides. As a technologist, I embrace the positive aspects of AI, when it helps advance medical or other technologies. As an individual, I reserve the right to be scared poop-less that by 2023 we might achieve AGI (Artificial General Intelligence) or Strong AI — machines that can successfully perform any intellectual task a person can Read more...


More about Features, Tech, Robots, Opinion, and Science



via Make Your Own Website Tools Tips Tricks http://feeds.mashable.com/~r/Mashable/~3/Fy-2TeQahd0/ Best WordPress Hosting

No comments:

Post a Comment